03 Jul 2018
Zambia, although an underrated country, attracts visitors with its unspoilt land, rich culture and traditions that live on today. Everyone knows about the diverse wildlife, ideal climate and gorgeous sunsets that this African country boasts; but here are some more interesting things to know about Zambia:
- Zambia’s official language is English.
- On average, 17 million people reside in Zambia.
- Lusaka is the capital and largest city in Zambia.
- Zambia boasts the Victoria Falls, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Based on its combined width of 1700m and height of 108m, the Victoria Falls is considered to be the largest waterfall in the world.
- Zambia’s national bird is the fish eagle.
- Kwacha is the local currency.
- The largest and oldest museum in Zambia is the Livingstone Museum, located near the Victoria Falls. You will find a variety of historical artefacts here.
- On the 24th of October 1964, Zambia gained independence from the United Kingdom.
- Ever since the 1996 constitution, Zambia is considered to be an official Christian nation. However, a variety of religions exist.
- Football is the most popular sport in Zambia.
Contact deVere Zambia for expert financial advice!